From hauling out the patio furniture to packing away your winter wardrobe, spring is the season when you can finally start making preparations for summer fun. While you’re busy planning activities to share with your friends and family, don’t forget about scheduling a tune-up for your air conditioner. Ensuring that everyone stays cool and comfortable in the heat of summer is one the reasons why the Environmental Protection Agency recommends spring as the best time of the year for AC maintenance.
Beat the Heat with a Spring AC Tune-Up
Hot and humid summers in Chicagoland’s northwest suburbs force residential cooling systems to work overtime day and night. A pre-season checkup is the only way to make sure that your air conditioner can handle the job. Without regular care, even a minor system malfunction can lead to major AC repair or breakdown. To verify that everything is operating properly, a professional AC maintenance service call should include the following tasks:
- Check refrigerant levels and test for undetected leaks
- Ensure that the condensate drain is free of clogs and draining properly
- Measure air flow through the evaporator and clean the coils
- Replace the air filter, check the blower and inspect ductwork
- Lubricate motors and bearings to reduce friction
- Test thermostat settings and sensors for proper operation
- Check electrical components for loose connections or corrosion
Springtime Savings from Martin Enterprises
Whether it’s dealing with an emergency AC repair or a system replacement, summer is the busiest time of the year for our much-in-demand HVAC technicians. Scheduling an AC tune-up now means that you won’t have to wait for service during the hectic summer season. For our first-time customers, we’re pleased to offer springtime specials that make it easy and affordable to make sure your AC runs at peak performance all summer long.
To learn more about the benefits of AC maintenance or to schedule service, check out our air conditioning services or call us today at (844) 232-4554.